Even though Navisworks Manage is not always the preferred clash detection tool, it's still a powerful tool to locate certain clashes when designing. This is great due to the fact it's included in the AEC collection, so most users actually have it. When using Navisworks it's important to pre-set a few settings before starting. Below is the recommended settings from BFT team.
Below are the settings attached which are possible to import into the options menu.
Go to option via application menu:
Set the project units to millimeters instead of default meter
Change color / turn off/on cut lines when sectioning the model
Enable snapping on edges:
If the overriding colours to a more "grey" or "white" default material look enable that the override appearance is saved by default. Otherwise the overrides will change all saved viewpoints with all changes.
Turn off Wireframes for Transparent Dimming and turn down Dimming Transparency.
Decide whether to import spaces or not, it's possible to update the value later in the project and refresh.
If appending Revit files,
- Decide if to link with which Coordinates, Shared or Project Internal.
- Decide to load rooms or not with the links.
- Choose "how" to import,
- Using Navisworks view, it's possible to control object to be visible via visibility/graphic override and having a view having the name "Navis".
- First 3D view is by alphabetical order.
- Entire project will link everything in the model.